Search This Blog

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Grab 'Em by the Pony!

I have to say that living in Holland is a different experience on many levels, but one in particular is the length of the school year.  The kids actually go to school here until the middle of JULY!!! Yes, you heard that correctly...we will actually be at school on July 4th!!

I think I have almost fully recovered from jet lag having landed back in Holland on Tuesday from Annapolis, Maryland.  Which is a good thing because on Friday, I was able to chaperone Elizabeth's class to Slagharen. If that name sounds vaguely familiar to you, you may have heard about it in this VIDEO that went viral.:)  But, I have to say that as the video suggests you can go to Slagharen and "grab'em by the pony".... you actually can't...because there are no ponies...but there are lots and lots and lots of rides that you can follow 20 nine year olds around to!!!:)

Elizabeth's class:)

My group to chaperone:)

riding the rides!:)





My friend, Judith, and me with our group:)

That is me in the poncho after the log ride!:)

Elizabeth and a few of her friends:)

yes...you know which one is me...





It was a fun day filled with lots of laughs, giggles, rides, and changes of clothes...but absolutely ...no...ponies!!!:)
tot ziens!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment