Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Secret

I think I have discovered a secret in Holland that not too many people talk about.  I had no idea (or I had forgotten having lived so many years in southeast Texas and Nigeria) what a transformation spring can really be!  The long dark days of winter are definitely fading away into longer, brighter days with fresh air and the warmer temperatures of spring!  I was never someone who thought the weather affected me, but being out in the bright springtime sunshine here in Holland has really made me realize how long and dark the winter days were.  A few weeks ago, a few friends of mine and myself went walking near Paterswoldsmeer.  It is a beautiful park with a long walking path around the lake.  To read more about its location and history, you can click here.  I wanted to share a few pictures from our walk there...






The weather has been so nice for biking around the city center...


Flowers are coming up all around!:)

My bike loaded with my loot from my shopping trip!:)  Stopped to take a picture of the pretty trees starting to bloom.:)
I even had a chance to do some shopping......for MYSELF!!
Found this pretty dress at the open Market in the city center.:)
 Our tulips that Guy and Jeremy planted a few months ago are coming up in our flower boxes.:)
 And you have to love a country where you can find fresh flowers almost everywhere!:)
Some pretty tulips Guy bought me last week...they are still going!:)
 I wanted to share with you a peek at what I am seeing here every day as the weather is changing and the days are getting longer.  As a transplanted Texas girl, I had almost forgotten what a true change of seasons really looks like!

Tot zeins!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment