Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Lagniappe

I thought I would add some lagniappe to my blog.  For those of you who don't know what "lagniappe" is, it means "a little something extra".  I got used to this term when we lived in New Orleans and it has stuck with me ever since.:)  There was a lot happening this weekend, but none of it is really related.  So, here goes...the lagniappe in our family...


Just in case you were wondering...no...I am not naturally beautiful!!! LOL!!! I do have to visit the hair salon and I found a great one in Haren. I got my hair cut and colored for the first time since AUGUST!!! WOO HOO!!!
Looks like I am preventing an alien attack!!:)

The finished product:)

Then, it was Saturday and we were off to Jeremy's soccer game.  He got to play a very good friend of his from school.:)


I forgot to add that when we walked out of the house, there was frost everywhere.  I had to take a picture of the cobwebs on a bike I saw when we got to the soccer game...


yes, folks...that is a frozen spiderweb!!


On Sunday, Guy saw that the ice skating rink near De Vismarkt in Groningen was open and thought it would be a good idea to take everyone ice skating...









Let's just say that the kids got the hang of it...but me..not so much.  You'll have to ask Jeremy about what happened when I tried to stand up on the skates!!:)  Needless to say, there are no pictures of me actually ice skating, but the kids got the hang of it pretty quickly!:)

And when we came back home, we decorated the Christmas tree.:)  The kids always love to put the ornaments on the tree,:)


I think that about sums up our weekend over here.  It's always busy and I am sure I'll have more lagniappe to share with you soon!  It is definitely beginning to look (and feel) alot like Christmas over here in Holland!:)
 Doei!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment