Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Pannekoekschip

Along the canals here in Groningen, you can see so many different types of houseboats...


And if you keep looking, you will run into the Pannekoekschip!!!





Yes, indeed, folks!!  It is a ship on a canal that serves anything and everything pancake that you could imagine!!!  The Dutch people are serious about their giant thin pancakes!!  I felt like this restaurant was calling my name!  I haven’t told many people about this but wen I was little and I stayed at my grandma’s house, she would make pancakes and waffles for me for breakfast...I would eat and eat and eat....it was like a I was a bottomless pit! As I grew older and the lower half of my body started to protrude from my hind region (OK, yes, I am blessed with a gigantic butt!)....I got the nickname,”Pancake Bottom”!  My grandma is probably smiling down from heaven right now knowing that I got to go to the Pannekoekschip!:)

They offer anything you want to go in your pancakes....

I actually tried the Duitse pannenkoek....it was DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Yes, that is a pancake..not an omelette or a tortilla!
The kids had fun dipping around in the HUGE containers of syrup and brown sugar on all the tables!

 And then the pancakes arrived!!!

 The kids weren’t as adventurous with their pancake selection as Guy and I were with ours, but we all agreed that this was a hit and we will definitely be back!!

Dank u veel, Pannenkoekschip!!



No comments:

Post a Comment